Log in if you have an account
By creating an account with our store, you will be able to move through the checkout process faster, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
Omnium Electric Mini-Max Bike by Sentient Works
Available in storeClose
|Battery Pack||Sentient CELL 945Wh|
|Motor||Bafang BBS02 Mid-Drive 750W 100Nm|
|Display||Bafang SW-102 Mini Display|
|Drivetrain||Custom (E.g. Alfine 8/Nexus 5/Deore 11)|
|Crank Arms||Lekkie Buzz Bars 160 or 170mm|
|Chainring||Lekkie Bling Ring BBS (Custom Tooth Count)|
|Front Wheel||Sentient KNAR 20"|
|Rear Wheel||Sentient KNAR 29"|
|Tyres||Custom (E.g. Marathon Plus or Big Ben Plus)|
|Disc Rotors||Custom (E.g. Magura Rotor Storm 180mm Centrelock)|
|Mudguards||Omnium WiFi 60mm|
|Handlebar||Custom (E.g Gusset Beard)|
|Seatpost||RSP Beanpole Inline or Offset|
|Saddle||Ergon SFC3 Gel (Small or Large)|
|Grips||Ergon GA3 or GC1|
This Blurple Mini-Max v2 was custom built to carry a dog 10miles to work, along gravel trails and roads, 5 days a week. It has a prototype version of the Sentient CELL, and one of the early Sentient HUNDERBAR rack extensions. It is very nice, if we do say so ourselves.
If you are interested in this build, then Francis Cade was nice enough to make a video about it!
NOTE: For £4,200 we cannot include the CARGO PILLOW & HUNDERBAR, or the Blurple paint, as they are all additional costs. But everything else is more or less as you can expect for a build costing that much.
The bike pictured has 1x11 external gears, but there are lots of other ways to configure these now that the V3 framekit has a QR dropout option. This is why we are now recommending the electric builds use the Shimano Alfine 8 speed hub gear instead of an external drivetrain, but both are possible for the same money. The specification list on this page is just a guide to give you an idea of what £4,200 buys.
When compared with the "official" Omnium Electric Mini-Max there are lot's of differences here, and the lower price is one of many advantages our build offers.
We must stress, all our Omnium bikes are built to order!
The price and specification listed here is just a guide based on our experience. Change as much or as little as you like (within reason). If you want to get weird, we are up for it! If you want to bring us some parts to use from your spares, that's fine too. We're happy to be flexible.
How to get your eMiniMax from Paradise:
- Meet with us so we can decide how to match the rider and intended use to the specification and budget.
- Agree on the build list, and availability of parts.
- Pay a deposit.
- Wait for new bike day.
Ways of financing an eMiniMax:
- CycleScheme voucher. Or a combined voucher + top-up with cash.
- Retail Finance (V12 Finance and Klarna are soon to be available).
- Government Zero Emissions Grant money for businesses. If you can get it then by all means go ahead.
Electric Drivetrain Engineering
- Bafang BBS mid drive motor is easy to source, service, tune and if necessary, replace. So you don't need to be without your bike for long if something goes wrong (unlike other OEM mid-drive options out there..).
- The motor we've used has up to 100Nm of torque, but has been tuned to have a road legal top speed, while still pushing hard to get you up to speed even with a heavy load, and without jerking around during slow speed manoeuvres, or while setting off.
- The custom tuning has also been engineered to allow an extraordinary range* when paired with the Sentient CELL for Omnium, which has an almost excessive 945Wh of juice in the tank.
- If you do wear out the motor then you can rest assured that they are fully rebuildable and serviceable. Just try to bring it in for a service every 1500miles or so. Like any motorised vehicle, you shouldn't ride it until it dies. The more you plan your service intervals, the longer it will last, and the more reliable it will be.
*Exact distance TBC, after we have done some real world testing in July 2022.
Motor + Component Pairings
- Magura MT5 4-pot brakes with 180mm rotors provide plenty of stopping power. This is important when you have more momentum then you're used to, and someone steps out in front of you or cut's you up. And the best thing about the MT5 is that they are avaialble with a built in brake sensor, so we can keep your cockpit looking clean. On the standard set-up we only use one brake sensor to cut the motor, on the left hand (rear brake). If you want both brakes to cut the motor that isn't a problem.
- Lekkie cranks correct the offset introduced by the motor, so you have a nice wide stance, and solid crank arms to push against.
- Lekkie BBS drive cover creates a better seal around the reduction gear on the motor casing, so you can get away with riding in the mud and sand without killing the motor.
- Lekkie Bling Ring's in a 40t or larger correct the 15.6mm motor offset for an optimised chain line for better shifting and wear on external 11 speed drivetrains.
- Sentient KNAR rims are double eyeleted double walled aluminium construction, finished in stealthy matt black powder coat.
- You can put whatever hubs you want on these 32h rims, so whether you want a heavy duty Bitex BX207, or Shimano Alfine 8 speed hub, or a Rohloff, or Hope hubs, or a SON 28 dynamo the choices are extensive.
- Gusset Beard handlebars are really upright, wide & commanding, but the factory finish is less than subtle, so we have refinished them in matt black powder coat as well!
- Ergon grips and saddle are a very comfy premium feeling pair, and are ideal for the riding position we have specified.
We are trying to have at least one in stock at all times, for a test ride. You can come to our warehouse unit, and ride around the Argall Avenue industrial area with a member of our team, to see how you get on with a loaded or unloaded bike. To arrange a test, please contact us via phone or email.